Monday, August 31, 2015

Confessions of a bride

It's been two weeks since this former beluga whale tied the knot. I thought I would take I few moments just to give some thoughts about how I felt on the big day and getting back into my gym routine post wedding. 

First of all, it's important to understand that I firmly believe there is no way that I would be able to stand in front of family and friends in a wedding dress at emotional and physical point I was in 5years ago. But as I stood in front of everyone 2 weeks a go I didn't just have a heart full of love for my now husband but also a heart full of love for who I am and who I have become. 

As I stood in the living room of my dad's house, the confidence in my body that I never thought possible was oozing out of me... I have never felt so beautiful and confident. As I stand in my wedding dress I realize how far I have come in my journey and what a journey it has been . 

I am so grateful for the skin I am in and I am so grateful for the journey I have taken to get where I am. 

Since the wedding people have asked, " are you going to continue to workout after the wedding and the best response I can think of is this, 

I am far to proud of the person I have become to ever take the chance of going back to the person I worked so hard to change for the better. Working out isn't for an event it's a lifestyle that I am commuted to for life. 

Until next time. 
Former Beluga Whale 

No comments:

Post a Comment